Popular Low Carb Diet Plans
Low carb diet plans are popular with people who intend to lose weight. People who want to manage their weight or cut down the risks of diseases related with certain foods are also attracted to these diets.
The popularity of the low carb diet plan is attributed to the fact that advocates contend that a high amount of carbohydrates in a diet is responsible for obesity. Some of the low carb diet plans restrict carbohydrates in diets to such a point that the body enters the phase of chronic starvation and uses the fatty acids stored in the body as a source of energy.
Many of us do not require such extremes. We can stick to our normal dietary routine. We can customize our normal diet to make our own low carb diet plan by removing the unhealthy foods and including wholesome healthy foods.
The Basics of Low Carb Diet Plans
- You should eliminate processed fats, which includes polyunsaturated oils and hydrogenated fats. These fats are the main culprits to adding flab and clogging your arteries.
- You should also avoid simple carbs like sugar, bleached flour, cornstarch, and fructose. You should avoid fruit juices and consume whole fruit instead as it contains the vital fibers needed for digestion.
- You should include vegetables, whole fruits, natural proteins and whole grain breads that contain complex carbohydrates.
- It is extremely essential to do some exercises if you are following a low carb diet plan to lose weight. Exercises will help you lose weight fast, tone your body and help your body build muscle.
Should You Follow a Low Carb Diet Plan?
Low carb diet plans are healthy for people who want to lose weight or maintain it. The diet contains lower carbohydrate calories hence the name. An ideal low carb diet plan should be healthy and 100% natural. The diet plan will lead to weight loss by reducing carbohydrate intake, but it should not restrict you from having foods that are essential for your normal body functions. A healthy low carb diet plan does not require you to consume pills to kill hunger in order to lose weight. It also should not lead to starvation for the reduction of calorie intake.
Advantages and Benefits of Low Carb Diet Plans
- Weight Loss
- Increased Energy
- Enhanced Emotions
- Active mind
- Helps more in dental hygiene by improving gum health and lessening dental plaque
- Diminishes longing for sweets
- Improves triglycerides
- Fewer headaches
- Lower blood insulin level
- Lower cholesterol level
- Decreases muscles and joint pains
- No more emotional eating
- Lowers blood glucose, which is beneficial for diabetic persons.
- Improves insulin sensitivity
Disadvantages of Following an Unhealthy Low Carb Diet Plan
- Muscle burnings
- Regained weight
- Decreased brain functions
- Fluctuation in blood sugar, insulin and energy levels
Some low carb diet plans require you to take diet pills. The diet pills work to achieve a high metabolic rate in order to burn excess fat stored in the body. These pills can have side effects on your body and it is advisable to consult a doctor before following such a low carb diet plan.
Low carb diet plans are helpful to stay healthy and get in shape. However, you should achieve your health goals by following a natural and healthy low carb diet plan.