Basic Diet Plans for Women to Lose Weight
Let’s begin by looking at just why we need different diet plans for women to lose weight. Are their nutrition needs and fitness goals any different?
To a great extent yes, say the experts! When it comes to the pattern of weight loss and fitness, women’s health and lifestyle are structured far differently from those of men. From pregnancy and motherhood to juggling between work life and domestic chores, a woman’s state of health is put to test almost every waking moment of her life.
WEIGHT LOSS FOR WOMEN – 3 THINGS TO HAVE
As we show you how to design highly effective diet plans for women, let’s start by discussing the three most important and beneficial foods to help women maintain their optimum weight.
1) Fresh fruits
High in antioxidants and other vital nutrients, fresh fruits are your best bet for snacking. They fill you up well without packing in any extra calories. Try to include as many as possible from the below list into your snacking regimen:
- Black olives
- String cheese
Perhaps no other nutrient gives you as much energy as proteins in your diet. These amazing nutrients keep you active and full, helping to curb those undesirable hunger pangs and cravings. Most important of all, proteins in your diet help keep your blood sugar level in check, which is equally important for weight loss. To get sufficient proteins in your diet, you can go for the following:
- Black beans
- Dairy products
- Protein shakes
Obvious as it might sound, we often miss out on having enough of water in our daily routine. Owing to the diverse nature of their physical activity, women can benefit a lot if they have water at regular intervals. It is for this reason that liquids form a major part of some of the best diet plans for women to lose weight and stay fit.
Other food groups which are ideal for women wanting to lose some weight include:
- Fish or fish oil
- Lean meat
- Nuts and seeds
- Coconut and coconut oil
- Cayenne pepper
- Green tea
- Whole-wheat products
- Steamed/baked vegetables
WHAT TO AVOID
The best diet plans for women to lose weight tell you not only what to have but more importantly what to avoid. Stay away from the below if you are sincerely keen on losing those extra pounds and keeping them off.
- Diet sodas
- Oily and fried foods
- Complex carbohydrates
7 TIPS FOR WEIGHT LOSS IN WOMEN
Why is it so that at times, even the most well-designed diet plans for women to lose weight do not show the desired results? The main problem lies in correct implementation over a longer period of time. Here, we give you a set of 7 most important tips to follow to ensure success of your diet plan.
- Be clear. Set proper goals for weight loss and plan to achieve them in a systematic manner.
- Have patience. Even if your diet suffers a setback, start again and avoid any further accidents.
- Get support. Interact with like-minded women who have similar weight loss plans. Peer support can be a very big motivating factor in such situations.
- Be slow and steady. Do not expect immediate results. Aim for long-term, gradual results instead.
- Use appropriate tracking tools to monitor your progress.
- Be realistic. Do not get misled by commercials promising drastic weight gains over a short period of time. Instead, use your own progress as a tool to judge the effectiveness of your diet plan.
- Don’t binge. Don’t compensate yourself with sugary, high-calorie foods once your diet is over. You will gain even more this time and will even find tougher to lose it.
Interestingly, research has often shown that it might be tougher for women to lose weight than men. Reasons such as body constitution, childbirth, lifestyle and other health-related factors might be responsible for this phenomenon.
A series of measures such as exercise, lifestyle changes and dietary modifications can be used in a judicious combination to achieve your goals of fitness and weight loss. The well-planned and balanced diet plans for women to lose weight can definitely become your first step towards such goals.